Monday, July 21, 2008

The Boys New Room

OK - I know it has been forever since I have updated my blog but time is just slipping away from me. I really don't know where half the summer has gone. Besides, I've stopped trying to keep up with Jocelyn - it's a completely futile effort!!

Tom's parents rented a house in Ocean Grove for the month of July and were gracious enough (and brave enough) to have Jack and Tommy down for the weekend. I took advantage of the time and revamped their room. I painted, put together new beds, new bedding, new curtains, and a new Ikea dresser (enough said! 3-1/2 hours later). It was quite an undertaking and one that I don't ever anticipate doing on my own again. So much for a weekend of relaxation without the kids!! I was lucky enough to have Mary Rose around to help me put up the first coat of the blue and tan paint and assemble one of the new beds.

Just a side note on the bedding - I love it. It took me awhile to find something that I liked that would last longer than a year (I didn't want any characters as the boys like something different every 6 months). It is from www.olivekids.com and is so cute. We chose the "Heros" theme. It is all cotton and is quilted around the characters. It comes with a ton of accessories should we choose to expand the theme. It was a little on the expensive side but well worth it as it should last as long as the boys are in the toddler beds!

There are still a couple of things left to do in the room like hang the curtains, put pictures on the walls and buy a toy chest. We are also going to put a black shelf around the room about a foot down from the ceiling to hold all their knick-knacks.

When all was said and done - I love it!! and so do the boys. Tommy was so excited when he saw his new bed and Jack is doing awesome in his new toddler bed.










































These are the curtains

No comments: